Friday, October 10, 2014

Glory Days


I was going to post my Given & Gained items for days 9-11, but here is the thing: my life is messy. My life is disorganized! My life is nuts. While my stuff can always be factored into the equation and blamed, the truth is, I woke up at 5 AM to a fabulous mess consisting of hemp milk (I am .63 hippie. Have I not mentioned this? My apologies), baking soda, toothpaste, toilet paper, toothbrushes, and a whole bunch of tampons. One of my children in inexplicably in the nude, and I have ascertained that the toilet paper I mentioned has been scattered to every room of the house. I will spend most of the day recovering my home from this disaster, even though I wanted to focus efforts on packing up my back shelf so I have a great "before and afters" to show you soon. It is okay. 




I am going to put on my boots. I will pour my coffee. I will read my love letters, and listen to Him speak. I will live this day as though it matters, as though there are epiphanies hiding in the mundane. My day will likely hold frustration, will carry sadness, anger, & shame. But it will also reveal joy and adventure, if I am willing to look for it. 


Have Peace, & Purge On.

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful - we have to be willing to see the good in order to see it. Good luck and have a glorious joyful day! Happy Friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, our days can carry both frustration and joy, sadness and adventure and it's all ok...He's right there through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is messy and imperfect, but that's what makes it beautiful! Keeping being you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But, it's FRIDAY!!! God bless you and purge on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't pay too much attention at the form, it's the core that matters. Worse than having all those things spread around you would be not have them at all, so... best wishes for restoring the order. Make it fun. Like a puzzle that makes you put each piece in its place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I enjoy waking up at 5 am, but not to kids that need me and messes to clean up. :)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    31 dayer

    ReplyDelete